Last week Facebook had their F8 conference where they announced a ton of changes to their UI. Facebook wants to ensure that their existing users are getting the best usage out of the UI and are actively engaged. The changes include the following features:
- Timeline - Since the beginning of Facebook, your profile has been the place where you tell your story. People use it to share everything from the small stuff, like their thoughts on an article, to the most important events of their lives, like the photos of their wedding or the birth of their child. This feature will allow you to tell your life story.
- Interesting News - When you visit Facebook, you should see the things you’re most interested in, like status updates from your family and closest friends. Last week, we announced improvements to Friend Lists and a new Subscribe button to help you see more of what you care about, and less of what you don’t.
- Subscribe Button – allows you to choose the information that you see from “news feed”, hear from people (even if they aren’t your friends) and let people hear from you (if they aren’t your friends)
- Improved Friend List – share updates with your closest friends and see their updates through Smart Lists, Close Friends & Acquaintances Lists & Better Suggestions. If you don’t like lists, you don’t have to use them
- Bigger, Faster Photo’s – size of images are bigger (720×960 pixels) and load twice as fast, which gives you quicker access to more detailed images. Plus all previous images will be shown in the new format.
- Making Games Better – better ways to find the games and play with your friends!
- A faster way to message on Mobile – introducing Messenger which is a new mobile app that simplifies how messaging works and gives you a faster way to message friends and small groups.
- Call your friends right from Facebook – Video calling and other improvements allow for access to your friends
- Photo tagging is now Easier – Added group tagging & now announcing tag suggestions which will make tagging multiple photos even more convenient.
These are some of the main changes that are happening, there are many others which can be found at Facebook Blog. Enjoy!
More information can also be found on Mashable
Tags: conference f8, f8 conference, Facebook, facebook blog, facebook photos, facebook social media, facebook stories, facebook story, facebook timeline, facebook.com, Google, online marketing changes, social conference, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, twitter.comf, www.facebook.com